Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I gave in...

So, as you can see, I gave in and let Mark get a GPS. But not the way cool, state of the art, widescreen one that can play movies and MP3s. Just the basic, square screened, on-sale model. :) I figure it'll come in handy. Not just for when I have no idea how to get to where I need to go, but for travelling as well. We have a few trips planned in the next few months and it'll be really nice to not have to print out directions for every place we might want to visit. This weekend Mark has a seminary symposium up in Kirtland, so we'll get to test it out going somewhere that we don't really know how to get to very well. We're also planning a week-long vacation to Nauvoo in October (anyone else up for a road trip?), and we might be going to Washington DC sometime in the near future. And who knows when we might get a phone call telling us about the long-anticipated arrival of a new family member who will need to be picked up from a yet-to-be-determined location... Who would want to take the time to print out directions at a time like that?

1 comment:

sweet mama entropy said...

How cool is GPS! Not that I have it, but I've heard. Actually, Karen has it and she loves it. Except the first time she used it was a solo, long-distance road trip. She said it scared her half to death when (after hundreds of miles of highway driving - no turns :) a strange voice in her empty car says "Your exit is coming up."

Enjoy your travels this summer!